Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home is where the heart is

I saw the Ocean today for the first time in my life... and I saw it in India, in the Bay of Bengal.
I have always had a gravitation towards water, but for some reason I have just never had the opportunity to go to the ocean, maybe it wasn't my time... I can tell you now, today was my time.
I felt the enormous power in the tides and the life force that embodies the entirety of the sea. I felt the salt burn my eyes, felt the water in my ears and nose and the sand run between my feet. I felt the waves lift me and sway me and toss me like a rag doll. I felt like the tinniest, most humbled thing in this world. And at that very moment, floating in the ocean, there were no other thoughts, and I felt perfect.
I am home, and I am whole.

No comments: