Saturday, July 10, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Hello! I have not been able to post for a few days because I came down with some sort of stomach illness, probably from bad food or water, long story short, it feels really good to eat again. I'm back!

We are in a place called Auroville now. Auroville is a place that was vision by a Woman they call "The Mother". It's basically a place where all people are welcome and free to live a basic, and sustainable lifestyle together with no religious standards. Here is the link-
http://www.auroville.org/
At least check it out, there is a lot of info here about it that I can't explain.

We are very close to the Bay of Bengal, and we have rented motor bikes so that we can get around where we need to. I'm hoping to be able to take a trip to the ocean this evening, but if there is one thing India has taught me, it's that nothing seems to go as planned.

We are staying in the jungle, and there is wildlife everywhere. Last night, as I was climbing into my mosquito net around my bed and a spider the size of my palm climbed out of my sheet, and up the net. I almost pooped. I took a few pictures of it but the computer I am using right now does not have any USB ports to upload to. But take my word for it, it could have eaten me.

I miss home and Cozette and Huevos Rancheros but all things will return in good time. I'm living the dream here in India.

Going to get some Chai now, Be Well.
Wade

1 comment:

Leiah said...

Glad your feeling better. Try not to get sick anymore it will ruin your good time and make me worry.

Love you, enjoy your adventure and hurry home.